The key role of well performing car suspension and steering is to provide stability, good handling and ultimately safety.
Saints Tyre & Auto will inspect, diagnose problems, discuss the repairs required with you and then fix your suspension system. This might include repairing steering problems, flush and replacement of steering fluid, replacing shock absorbers and performing a wheel alignment.
Five common signs of suspension problems:
1. Bumpy Ride - One of the most noticeable signs of a suspension problem is when your vehicle is not riding smoothly. Your suspension is what keeps your tires in contact with the road - if something within your suspension has gone haywire, you will notice a big difference in the way your car handles and feels. The problem may be a broken or damaged shock absorber or a coil spring could have lost tension.
2. Difficulty Steering - Does your steering wheel vibrate when you accelerate? Is your steering wheel hard to turn when moving at slow speeds? These are tell-tale signs that there is an issue with your suspension. Steering is directly linked to the suspension and they rely on each other in order to drive normally. The problem may lie with either the suspension or the steering system.
3. Pulling/Drifting to one Side - If your car pulls to one side as you’re driving down a straight road, there could be a number of issues going on. If it’s indeed a suspension problem, it’s most likely due to a tie rod, spring or control arm malfunction. It’s important to have a professional take a look at what could be the cause as this will affect your ability to control your car while driving.
4. Uneven Tire Wear - When dealing with uneven or unusual tire wear, you probably don’t think about the vehicle’s suspension. Worn suspension components can cause imbalances in the weight of your car, causing tires to show spotting, feathering or scalloped-type wear. This leads to unsafe driving, and compromised braking.
5. Greasy Shocks/Struts - Greasy shocks or struts could indicate a hydraulic fluid leak, which could lead to more serious problems and damage if ignored.
Saints Tyre & Auto qualified technicians have over 30 years experience in all automotive and tyre services. Give us a call on 08 8250 0191 or fill out the below online form for an obligation-free quote!